Total Pageviews

Currently Reading...

Currently Reading...
Mermaid Park by Beth Mayall

Monday, May 10, 2010

Angus, Thongs and Full-frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison



Genre: Comedy, Romance
Rating: 4
Pages: 247

There are six things wrong with my life.
1.I have one of those under-the-skin spots that will never come to a head, but lurk in a red way for the next two years.
2.It is one my nose.
3.I have a three-year-old sister who may have peed somewhere in my room.
4.In fourteen says the summer hols will be over and then it will be back to Stalag 14 and Oberfuther Frau Simpson and her bunch of sadistic “teachers.”
5.I am very ugly and need to go into an ugly home.
6.I went to a party dressed as a stuffed olive.


Summary

Georgia is just like any other girl; she shaved her eyebrows off accidentally, she’s desperate, believes herself to be ugly and just wants a boyfriend. This interesting diary-like story includes boy-stalking, teacher baiting and full snogging with a sex god.

Why Read It?

It’s one of those books that you can just laugh at and no doubt feel good about yourself. Georgia is a teenage girl I think anyone could relate to.



My Thoughts

This book was funny, and realistic. Georgia is just one of those characters that are so real. I haven’t read about a girl in a book that seemed so real like this I don’t think ever. However, I don’t have any intention on reading it a second time, because it wasn’t something that I absolutely loved, even though it was something I enjoy and gave me a good laugh. I’m going to recommend this to a lot of people, especially ones who are much into reading because it is a very easy read.

No comments:

Post a Comment