Total Pageviews

Currently Reading...

Currently Reading...
Mermaid Park by Beth Mayall

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Teenage Mermaid by Ellen Schrieber


Genre: Romance, Mythical
Rating: 5/5
Pages: 150

"I'm going to drown! I'm only fifteen. I haven't gotten my driver's license yet. I haven't surfed the famous Pipeline in Hawaii. I haven't fall in love- unless my
Sports Illustrated swimsuit poster counts. I barely had any breath left as I desperatley tried to reach the surface. Then it hit me- not the meaining of life, but my surfboard." -Spencer

"What I did was forbidden. To see one was objectionable, to be seen is prohibited, but to touch an Earthee is punishable by exile. And I, fifteen-year-old Waterlilly, touched on on the lips!" -Lilly

Summary


Spencer is about to drown in a surfing accident, until he is rescued by a sparkling golden girl who saves him with a kiss before she suddenly disappears. He is left not only awe-struck but love-struck too. Where did this gorgeous angel appear out of the blue from and when will she return?

Lilly has always been fascinated by humans, no matter how many times she is warned that they are dangerous and careless. Curious Lilly rescues a boy from nearly drowning one morning. She totally can’t believe what she did, but she realizes that she has to find her handsome Earthdude; because he accidentally ripped off her silver heart locket which she desperately needs back.

Why Read It?

If you love mermaids, romance and a little bit of humour this is definitely something that you’ll want to add to your reading list. It’s easy to read and great for all ages.

My Thoughts

When I first read this book I was twelve or thirteen years old. I decided to pick it up again recently this year for the third time. It’s one of my favourite books and it reminds me of the little mermaid. It’s an adorable love story that I just can’t get over. I don’t know what else to say...

No comments:

Post a Comment