Total Pageviews

Currently Reading...

Currently Reading...
Mermaid Park by Beth Mayall

Monday, May 31, 2010

Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment (Book 1) by James Patterson



Genre: Action, Thiller, Adventure, Mystery, Science Fiction
Rating: 5
Pages:
413

CAUTION: THESE PAGES FLY!!!!

“Basically, if you put a fence around New York City, you’d have the world’s biggest nontravelling circus.” –Max

Summary

Young Fourteen-year-old Maximum ride is 98% human and 2% bird. And the girl can fly. She’s got a load on her plate and more than she can eat and if you know her you’d know that the girl could win three pie eating contests in a row.

Max’s Dinner Plate (Also known as Missions):
• To protect the rest of her gang – Fang, Iggy, Nudge, The Gasman and Angel, from a pack of half-wolf, half-human mutants with a taste for flying humans.
• Rescue angel from a team of wack-job scientists.
• Infiltrate a secret facility to track down their missing parents (if they have any).
• Interpret what she really thinks about Fang.
• Get revenge on the one person she thought she could trust.
• Discover the best chocolate-chip cookie in New York City.
• And finally, save the entire world, why not?

Why Read It?

Fasten yourself in tight for this thrill ride that you can go on as many times as you please without the risk of getting sick to your stomach. It's a boys and girls read and if you love nonstop action, adrenaline, mystery, and suspense you better prepare for launch... no joke... these pages truly fly!



My Thoughts

Okay, so I completely and utterly loved this book. I cannot wait to read the next book. However, I’m trying to buy myself a little time between reading each book. I mean I want to read these books so fast but I want to read them slowly so the story lasts longer.
Anyway, I’ve rated it a five. I’m going to read this book multiple times for sure. I’m pretty sure I hit a new speed of reading. I’ve bumped up about ten pages in an hour, that’s how good it is and I can guarantee that any person who thrives for adventure, a little thrill, chocolate chip cookies and mystery this is something they’ll enjoy. I’d say especially people who hate reading, the chapters are no more than three pages long, which makes you feel like you’re accomplishing a lot in a way, maybe. My point is it has a super easy reading level, and those who prefer a challenge, well, all the mystery and suspense does it for you.
My favourite thing about this book though is all the sarcasm Max puts into the story, I love being in her head. However, something you should know is it will switch to a third person perspective and then back to hers. Like I said, it’s a easy read so it’s not hard to follow, it’s not like you’re suddenly in someone else’s head. It’s all her head and here and there a he/she perspective.
Now I want wings! Maybe I should think that desire through a little more... Nah, I like the idea of being able to fly, which is why I plan on going Norwegian Free Falling! I mean when I’m of age, because my mom says if I went now it would be abuse or something, I don’t know. I wasn’t really listening I was too busy daydreaming about flying. And you won’t be able to blame me if you read this book, the way Max describes her experience, well it’ll leave you breathless to the point you’re turning blue to purple. I’ll post a link at the bottom or you can search for it on YouTube or something.
I guess that’s about all I have to say for this book. Pfft. Yeah, right! I could go on forever about how much I love this adventurous series James Patterson has put together.
Literally, these pages fly! (Mentioned for the third time!!!!).

FREE FALLING IN NORWAY

NEXT IN THE SERIES: Maximum Ride: School's Out- Forever (Book 2) by James Patterson

No comments:

Post a Comment