Total Pageviews

Currently Reading...

Currently Reading...
Mermaid Park by Beth Mayall

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Go Ask Alice by Anonymous



Genre: Tragedy, True Story, Diary
Rating: 4
Pages: 214

"I'm partly somebody else trying to fit in and say the right things and do the right thing and be in the right place and wear what everybody else is wearing. Sometimes I think we're all trying to be shadows of each other." -Alice

Summary

Her life turned to ruins with just one little thing... She was served a soft drink laced with LSD in a dangerous party game. This drug imprisoned her, stole her out of her comfortable home and made her runaway form her loving family, all in return was the disastrous streets of a merciless city. It was a journey that would rob her of her innocence, her youth and in the end... her life.

Why Read It?

Go Ask Alice is the perfect example of what drugs can do to your life. It’ll take you down a road that you won’t be able to imagine. This girl’s life was marred with tragedy, and it will leave you rethinking your entire life.

My Thoughts

First off, what is the girl’s name? I don’t know. I’m guessing it’s Alice? Maybe not. However, I’m just going to call her Alice.
I was stunned at Alice’s life journey. How could a naive young girl gone through all of that...drugs...rape...being homeless. I have absolutely no clue. Alice made me look over things; she made me revaluate my life. So after I read this book, I made sure I was thankful for everything! ...Even the stuff I wasn’t so crazy about.
Something fishy I found about this book was the way this girl talked. Perhaps it was where she lived and the time she lived in, but I just found it really bizarre and unrealistic, I did get used to it though.
I rated this book a four, even though I would have rather rated it a three or three and a half. This is because I, myself, would not read it again but it’s something that I would recommend to a friend. I wouldn’t read it again because in some parts it was dull and mostly just depressing and sometimes that can be hard to handle. However, I would recommend it to someone because I want them to feel as thankful about their life as I did about mine. I think that’s a good thing for people to realize in their lives, how lucky they truly are. Because in truth, anyone’s drink could be laced with anything addictive and destroy them for the rest of their life, and even end it.
All in all, it’s a great book or diary I guess you could say. My teachers, friends, my mom and millions of other people have read it and for some reason they all liked it and enjoyed reading it. It’s definitely something that would work well for a book club, I can honestly say because it’s such a debatable story.
And wherever Alice is now... I hope she is safe and full of bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment