Total Pageviews

Currently Reading...

Currently Reading...
Mermaid Park by Beth Mayall

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Dark Guardian: Dark Of The Moon by Rachel Hawthorne (Book 3)


Genre: Romance, Fantasy
Rating: 5/5
Pages: 262

(WARNING: THIS REVIEW WILL SPOIL THE OTHER TWO BOOKS, ESPECIALLY THE ENDING TO FULL MOON. YOU’RE READING AT YOU’RE OWN RISK!)

SCROLL DOWN TO READ THE REVIEWS FOR BOOKS 1 AND 2 IN THE SERIES....

“In wolf form, Connor always took my breath. I wanted to dig my hands in his fur, hold him close, and confess everything. I wanted him to shift back into human form, put his arms around me, and assure me that everything would be all right. But I knew none of that would ever happen. If he knew the truth about me, that I hadn’t shifted yet, he’d be appalled.” –Brittany

Summary

Everything is pointing to one answer for Brittany. The one answer she’d rather have to go deaf than listen to it through her ears, rather go blind than see, and rather die than have to live with it. She hasn’t experienced any of the intense, early signs of change that mark a Dark Guardian’s transformation.
And that’s not all Brittany has to worry about. She’s thriving for her true love, for some young man to pluck her out of uncertainty and disorientation. But not just any young man, she wants Connor and Connor only. And she knows she’ll never truly have Connor’s love if she’s not a shifter like him.
When she doesn’t transform on the full moon after her seventeenth birthday Brittany is so desperate to become a wolf that she’ll go to the extremes...

Why Read It?

Well, first, if you’ve read the first two books and you’re enjoying the series fo course you’re going to want to read this book. Dark of the Moon will leave you breathless and hoping everything will turn out well for Brittany.

My Thoughts

I don’t know if you’ve noticed but I’ve rated these books all a five so far. It means I really like them, obviously! They are soooooo brilliant and every time she switches up the character perspective things just grow more intriguing by the page.
This book, as you know is in Brittany’s perspective. She has a much different personality than the other two girls and I can see why she has a hard time fitting in, besides the fact that she’s not really a shifter. Brittany has the determination that is at a level not many people reach. She’s outstanding! Literally! The other two books didn’t give her justice, however, Kayla and Lindsay had no idea about Brittany. Dark Of The Moon explains everything and it just makes you want more. Thank goodness, there is a fourth book which I have not read yet. I do own it, but I’m busy reading other things. I’ll read it as soon as possible, but right now I’m buried under a million other things to read.
Back to Dark of the Moon, I was able to relate to Brittany the most out of all three books. This is mostly because she’s the most lost, she doesn’t know who she is and I think everyone my age is trying to figure that out. Another is she’s lonely and she’s just waiting for that someone. And the worst part is where you really like someone and they don’t feel the same way, that’s a heart breaker and there’s no one in the world who hasn’t experienced that and Brittany is a perfect example of that... maybe just a bit extreme though.

Click Here To Read A Portion Of Dark Of The Moon


A Note:
This blog only fits so many posts on one page. In order to view others scroll down the bottom and click older posts. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment