Total Pageviews

Currently Reading...

Currently Reading...
Mermaid Park by Beth Mayall

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Diary Of A Wimpy Kid Book Series by Jeff Kinney



Disclaimer/Note: I usually make up my own summaries for the books that I read, however, I did not for these ones. The "Why Read It?" and of course the "My Thoughts" sections are all me talkin'. Enjoy!

Diary of a Wimpy Kid (Book 1)

Genre: Comedy
Rating: 5
Pages: 217

“Just don’t expect me to be all “Dear Diary” this and “Dear Diary” that.” –Greg Heffley





Summary

Being a kid can really stink. And no one knows this better than Greg Heffley, who finds himself forced into middle school, where undersized weaklings share hallways with kids who are taller, meaner, and already shaving.



Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules (Book 2)

Genre:
Comedy
Rating: 5
Pages: 217

"I guess Mom was pretty proud of herself for making me write in that journal last year, because now she went and bought me another one.” -Greg Heffley

Summary

Whatever you do, don’t ask Greg Heffley how he spent his summer vacation, because he definitely doesn’t want to talk about it.
As Greg enters the new school year, he’s eager to put the past three months behind him...and one event in particular.



Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw (Book 3)

Genre: Comedy
Rating: 5
Pages: 217

“You know how you’re suppose to come up with a list of “resolutions” at the beginning of the year to try to make yourself a better person? Well the problem is, it’s not easy for me to think of ways to improve myself, because I’m already pretty much one of the best people I know. So this year my resolution is to try and help OTHER people improve. But the thing I’m finding out id that some people don’t really appreciate it when you’re trying to be helpful.” -Greg Heffley

Summary

Let’s face it: Greg Heffley will never change his wimpy ways. Somebody just needs to explain that to Greg’s father.
You see, Frank Heffley actually thinks he can get his son to toughen up, up and he enlists Greg in organized sports and other “manly” endeavours.
Of course, Greg is easily able to sidestep his father’s efforts to change him. But when Greg’s dad threatens to send him to military academy, Greg realizes he has to shape up...or get shipped out.




Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days (Book 4)

Genre:
Comedy
Rating: 5
Pages: 217

“Mom says it’s not “natural” for a kid to stay indoors when it’s sunny out. I tell her that I’m just trying to protect my skin so I don’t look all wrinkly when I’m old like her, but she doesn’t want to hear it.” -Greg Heffley

Summary

Its summer vacation- the weather’s great, and all the kids are having fun outside. So where’s Greg Heffley? He’s inside his house, playing videos games with the shades drawn.
Greg, a self-confessed “indoor person,” is living out his ultimate summer fantasy: no responsibilities and no rules. But Greg’s mom has a different vision for an ideal summer...one packed with outdoor activities and “family togetherness.”
Whose vision will win out? Or will a new addition to the Heffley family change everything?



My Thoughts

Greg Heffley, is a wimp, but not just an ordinary everyday wimp, he’s a wimp who’s completely full of himself. It’s really amusing though to read his diaries. I think a lot of younger boys are going to enjoy them. My brother, especially, enjoys them and he HATES reading whatsoever! So, anyone who doesn’t care for reading these are books that are something that just might get you into reading.
Also there is a movie. I did go and see it and it stayed true to the book for the most part. it was a great movie, lots of laughter. They added a character that didn't exist in the book, but she was needed and it all worked out. I really enjoyed the movie, but as always the book is just better. :)
Personally, I had to read these books as fast as I could, they were soooooo goooood. I couldn’t put them down! They’re full of humour and little cartoons. If you’re ever looking for a great laugh, this is something that might just satisfy you!

P.S I can't wait for the fifth book!

P.P.S Look Out For the Do It Yourself book!!



One More Thing....

Click Here For... Diary Of A Wimpy Kid Movie Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment